There is a two-step application process. The first step is to submit a Letter of Intent. All Letters of Intent will be reviewed by an evaluation committee, and a set of finalists selected. Those finalists will be asked to submit a more detailed final proposal.
Letter of Intent (LOI)
Letters of Intent (LOIs) should be submitted through this link and should be no more than 2500 words. The following information is requested on the LOI submission form linked:
- Submission team
- Names, affiliations, CVs, and contact information of principal investigator or team leader, and of key personnel
- Collaborating agencies
- Proposed award tier and estimated funding amount
- Executive Summary (500 words)
- Narrative (2000 words)
Identify the interest areas, the problems you are seeking to solve using data and the link to the target areas of the challenge.
Describe previous work that the proposed project will build on.
List the datasets that will be used.
Describe the expected outcomes for this project in terms of how the results will affect agency policy.
While the final criteria are subject to change, teams selected as finalists should build final proposals on their Letters of Intent. Expanded elements should include:
- An explanation of the intended audience or beneficiary of the project
- A discussion as to why this project is timely, important, and relevant
- An explanation of how the project or data product is scalable to other states or state agencies
- A sustainability plan for how that product would be maintained if the project is expected to continue
- Details about the historical and/or current collaborations and partnerships within the team
- A project management plan, including timelines, deliverables, and measures of success, as well as a plan for the dissemination of results
- A detailed budget for project implementation
October 20, 2021
Interested applicants should submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) by October 20, 2021.
November 30, 2021
Outcome notifications sent. Finalists are selected and invitations for full proposals are sent.
January 30, 2022
Final proposals submitted by January 30, 2022.
March 15, 2022
First-round awards made.
April 30, 2022
Round 2 Challenge details announced.