Website The Coleridge Initiative, Inc.
The Coleridge Initiative is a not-for-profit start-up, originally established at New York University, which became fully autonomous and independent in early 2020. It is working to improve the empirical foundation of social science, statistical and public agencies in the United States and the understanding of how our society works.
The Coleridge Initiative works with government agencies to break down data barriers around confidential data through making use of new technology and providing access to and discovery of sensitive and confidential microdata in the Administrative Data Research Facility. Our associated training programs and research services are designed to build the capacity of government agencies to serve society. We have already created dozens of pilot projects and worked with over 100 agencies—federal, state and local—and trained over 500 agency staff.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant will provide operational and programmatic support to the Senior Executive Team (President, Chief Operating Officer), the Operations Team (Grants & Contracts Manager, Finance & Administration Manager), and the Training Team. This position is ideal for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual who wants to learn and grow, and who possesses a strong interest in Coleridge’s mission and work.
We are looking for a committed, reliable professional who is excited about this role and team. In providing operational and programmatic support across Coleridge, you’ll have the unique opportunity – and responsibility – for working on a wide variety of projects, across every facet of the organization.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Manage the President and Chief Operating Officers’ calendars and schedule meetings
- Support the Chief Operating Officer, including task and project tracking assistance
- Attend and take notes on meetings as directed, including board meetings. Coordinate meeting and conference logistics – e.g. securing locations, distributing meeting materials
- Support the Training Team, including collecting and reviewing agreements (participant, member/instructor) for accuracy & completeness
- Support the Contracts & Grants Manager in maintaining the Coleridge Google Drive, including filing grant and contract documents and ensuring documentation version control and completeness.
- Support Training Team and Finance & Administration Manager in tracking invoices and payments for classes, ensuring accuracy and completion.
- Support Finance & Administration Manager with employee reimbursement requests in Expensify, vendor invoice management, other finance tasks as directed
- Support Finance & Administration Manager with Human Resources tasks, including scheduling candidate interviews, and onboarding.
- Order supplies, meals, travel, and other items as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- At least 2 years work experience; not-for-profit experience a plus
- Knowledgeable of Google (Gmail, Drive) Outlook email & calendar and Slack
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Knowledgeable of Zoom, GoToMeeting, and other forms of virtual communication
- Possess the ability to work independently, self-motivated, proactive and detail oriented
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and drive toward deadlines
- Ability to foresee, identify, and resolve problems quickly and strategically
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to work with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organizational levels
Salary and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, Coleridge Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of the following:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal and sick leave
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Retirement plan with a company funded matching percentage
- Annual performance raises based on your success in advancing the mission of the organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. The Coleridge Initiative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected], listing “Administrative Assistant” in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org