The Coleridge Initiative, Inc.
The Coleridge Initiative (https://coleridgeinitiative.org) is a not-for-profit start-up, originally established at New York University, which became fully autonomous and independent in early 2020. Our mission is to transform the empirical foundation of social science, statistical and public agencies in the United States and the understanding of how our society works.
The Coleridge Initiative achieves its goal by working with government agencies to break down data barriers around confidential data, through building new technologies housed in a secure computational research platform, the FedRAMP authorized Administrative Data Research Facility (ADRF), to promote access and discovery of sensitive and confidential microdata. Those technologies are combined with training programs and consulting services to build governmental agency capacity to serve society. We have already created dozens of pilot projects and worked with over 250 agencies—federal, state, and local—and trained over 600 agency staff.
The Associate Research Scientist will support both the training and research initiatives at the Coleridge Initiative. The tasks will include:
- Providing support to users within the ADRF with addressing data and coding problems
- Developing support materials, such as code books, FAQs, videos and supplementary materials
- Supporting the dissemination of research generated materials, such as code books and FAQs
- Reviewing research exports to ensure privacy is protected
- Reviewing Jupyter Notebooks to ensure quality standards are met
- Writing the first draft of training reports and background materials
- Helping to deliver training classes
Support other Coleridge activities, including working collaboratively with all members of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Public Policy or related ﬁelds, Master’s degree
- Experience with R, Python, and/or Stata.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Experience working with government and/or non-proﬁt agencies preferred
Salary and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, Coleridge Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of the following:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal and sick leave
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Retirement plan with a company funded matching percentage
- Annual performance raises based on your success in advancing the mission of the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. The Coleridge Initiative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit coleridgeinitiative.bamboohr.com.