Website The Coleridge Initiative, Inc.
The Coleridge Initiative (https://coleridgeinitiative.org) is a not-for-profit start-up, originally established at New York University, which became fully autonomous and independent in early 2020. Our mission is to transform the empirical foundation of social science, statistical and public agencies in the United States and the understanding of how our society works.
The Coleridge Initiative achieves its goal by working with government agencies to break down data barriers around confidential data, through building new technologies housed in a secure computational research platform, the FedRAMP authorized Administrative Data Research Facility (ADRF), to promote access and discovery of sensitive and confidential microdata. Those technologies are combined with training programs and consulting services to build governmental agency capacity to serve society. We have already created dozens of pilot projects and worked with over 250 agencies—federal, state, and local—and trained over 600 agency staff.
The Data Protection Manager will lead the privacy protection initiatives for the Coleridge Initiative. This will involve leading the privacy and confidentiality team to:
- Review all legal agreements with government agencies to ensure that they accurately reflect Coleridge privacy and confidentiality protections;
- Manage analysts’ access to datasets, including oversight of the application process, and ensuring that access complies with the legal agreements and FedRAMP requirements.
- Work with the data protection team to ensure that tabular and model based output from the ADRF complies with statistical best practices and data steward requirements, including for exports;
- Develop production disclosure documentation based on the most up-to-date disclosure control techniques;
- Work with data stewards to understand the nature of their data and their confidentiality requirements;
- Stay abreast of current research in the field, presenting at national and international conferences; and
- Maintain the leadership, visibility, and credibility of the Coleridge Initiative in the implementation of data protection approaches.
Support other Coleridge activities, including
- Supporting outreach to academic institutions as well as federal and state agencies
- Working collaboratively with all members of the team
- Supporting other organizations manage their data in the ADRF, including exports
- Helping to deliver training classes
- Advanced degree in social or computer science
- Management experience with data teams
- Experience working with legal agreements pertaining to data protection strongly desired
- 3+ years data experience
- Experience in using Python, R or Stata
Salary and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, Coleridge Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of the following:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal and sick leave
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Retirement plan with a company funded matching percentage
- Annual performance raises based on your success in advancing the mission of the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. The Coleridge Initiative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
John Anner [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit coleridgeinitiative.bamboohr.com.