Website The Coleridge Initiative, Inc.
The Coleridge Initiative (https://coleridgeinitiative.org) is a not-for-profit start-up, originally established at New York University, which became fully autonomous and independent in August 2020. The organization is at the forefront of transforming the empirical foundation of social science, statistical and public agencies in the United States and the understanding of how our society works.
The Coleridge Initiative works with government agencies to break down data barriers around confidential data, through building new technologies housed in a secure computational research platform, the Administrative Data Research Facility (ADRF), to promote access and discovery of sensitive and confidential microdata. Those technologies are combined with training programs and consulting services to build governmental agency capacity to serve society. We have already created dozens of pilot projects and worked with over 100 agencies—federal, state, and local—and trained over 600 agency staff.
The right candidate will be stepping into a role that has not previously existed, so this is an opportunity for someone who likes building systems from scratch and loves a challenge.
The FP&A Manager is responsible for conducting the necessary analysis of all funded agreements, both grants and contracts, using the accounting system (Quickbooks) and the time-tracking system (BigTime). The principal responsibility is to track progress towards completion of each of the budgets. The FP&A Manager reports to the Finance and HR Director.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting, and project to Finance Director and senior management;
- Work closely with senior management in developing budgets for grant and contract proposals;
- Create templates for tracking grant and contract deliverables with time and financial budgets for each one;
- Review all incoming grants and contracts and identifying milestones and deliverables;
- Create budgets for all projects, programs and departments;
- Produce monthly variance reports for all grants and contracts for deliverables and financial budgets;
- Assist with day-to-day financial activities such as payroll, payables and receivables;
- Identify process needs and implementations for various finance and accounting functions;
- Create monthly cash-flow forecasting analysis;
- Produce monthly internal and external reports, which include the narrative, key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting;
- Develop dashboards for key metrics;
- Track spending on cooperative agreements to ensure terms are met for matching funds;
- Spearhead the annual budgeting processes and prepare budget for approval by senior management and the board of directors;
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement and cost savings across the organization;
- Develop models that help with decision-making.
- Commitment to the mission of the Coleridge Initiative;
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Finance, Accounting, or related field. CPA or CMA a plus;
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit finance, financial planning & analysis, financial management or similar;
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial modeling;
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills;
- Superb attention to accuracy and detail;
- Highly team-oriented.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- In addition to competitive salaries, Coleridge Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of the following;
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal and sick leave;
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, with premiums paid 75% by Coleridge;
- Retirement plan with a company funded matching 3%;
- Annual performance raises based on your success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. The Coleridge Initiative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit coleridgeinitiative.bamboohr.com.