Website The Coleridge Initiative, Inc.
The Coleridge Initiative is a not-for-profit start-up, originally established at New York University, which became fully autonomous and independent in early 2020. It is working to improve the empirical foundation of social science, statistical and public agencies in the United States and the understanding of how our society works.
The Coleridge Initiative works with government agencies to break down data barriers around confidential data through making use of new technology and providing access to and discovery of sensitive and confidential microdata in the Administrative Data Research Facility (ADRF). Our associated training programs and research services are designed to build the capacity of government agencies to serve society. We have already created dozens of pilot projects and worked with over 100 agencies—federal, state and local—and trained over 500 agency staff.
The Research Scientist will assist in the development and implementation of the training, data analytics and research programs for the Coleridge Initiative. The Research Scientist will:
- Support the development of training programs customized to the specific learning goals and objectives of agencies;
- Assist in the implementation of training programs and provide support to participants;
- Develop learning modules focused on applying data analytics to real world micro-data;
- Manage training program logistics and perform project management duties;
- Conduct original research using administrative and survey data from federal and state agencies;
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s or PhD degree in Economics, Public Policy, Applied Data Analytics, or related fields.
- 3+ years’ experience working with large administrative data. Experience with education and/or labor data preferred.
- Proficiency with R, Python, and/or Stata.
- Experience with data visualization and interpretation.
- Experience developing and publishing original research.
- Experience working with government and/or non-profit organizations preferred
Salary and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, Coleridge Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of the following:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal and sick leave
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Retirement plan with a company funded matching percentage
- Annual performance raises based on your success in advancing the mission of the organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. The Coleridge Initiative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected], listing “Research Scientist – Training, Data Analytics and Research” in the email subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org