The Coleridge Initiative, Inc.
The Coleridge Initiative (https://coleridgeinitiative.org) is a not-for-profit start-up, originally established at New York University, which became fully autonomous and independent in early 2020. Our mission is to transform the empirical foundation of social science, statistical and public agencies in the United States and the understanding of how our society works.
The Coleridge Initiative achieves its goal by working with government agencies to break down data barriers around confidential data, through building new technologies housed in a secure computational research platform, the FedRAMP authorized Administrative Data Research Facility (ADRF), to promote access and discovery of sensitive and confidential microdata. Those technologies are combined with training programs and consulting services to build governmental agency capacity to serve society. We have already created dozens of pilot projects and worked with over 250 agencies—federal, state, and local—and trained over 600 agency staff.
The Education and Data Research Specialist will support the education and data research initiatives at the Coleridge Initiative. This person will:
- Work closely with the National Center for Education Statistics to provide support to their educational researchers working inside the ADRF
- Facilitate the development of an interactive educational community of practice for educational researchers working within the ADRF. This involves supporting the development of community code and knowledge sharing documentation
- Support the linkage between the Coleridge Initiatives “rich context” harvesting of metadata from educational publications and the metadata associated with datasets
- Work with the Training Director to create common data models and measures, particularly for state educational data
- Maintain an active research agenda in educational research that leads to publications and grant
Support other Coleridge activities, including
- Supporting outreach to academic institutions as well as federal and state agencies
- Working collaboratively with all members of the team
- Helping to deliver training classes
- PhD in public policy, economics, or a related field with a focus on education research
- 3+ years experience working with educational administrative and/or survey Experience with NCES data preferred
- Experience in using Python, R or Stata
- Established research agenda with a strong publication record commensurate with experience
- Experience working with government and /or non-profit agencies
Salary and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, Coleridge Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of the following:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal and sick leave
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Retirement plan with a company funded matching percentage
- Annual performance raises based on your success in advancing the mission of the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. The Coleridge Initiative takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit coleridgeinitiative.bamboohr.com.