Official Name: The Coleridge Initiative Inc.
Official Address: 4511 Dalton Rd, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Incorporated in Delaware, June 12, 2018
Number of Employees (November 2020): 19 FTE
Federal EIN: 83-0963735
DUNS Number: 064481411
NAICS Code: 813319
SAM: Enrolled in System for Award Management
Fiscal Year: January 1 through December 31
Financial Management System: Bookkeeping and Accounting is outsourced to Jitasa (https://www.jitasagroup.com/). Jitasa is a full-service accounting firm following GAAP and handling hundreds of large nonprofit organizations, with robust internal controls and staff CPAs.
Accounting Platform: Quickbooks Online
Time and Effort Tracking: The Coleridge Initiative tracks all time spent by staff on a project and task basis using a DCAA-compliant software platform called BigTime. Time tracking is integrated with the accounting system, and timecards are reviewed and reconciled every month.
Human Resources: The Coleridge Initiative uses BambooHR for human resources record keeping and personnel management.
Audit: The Coleridge Initiative has not yet been audited, as 2020 is the first full year of operations since becoming independent of New York University. An audit will be conducted in the first quarter of 2021.
IRS Tax Form 990: The required federal tax form 990 will be completed in early 2021.
Policies, controls and procedures include:
- Financial management of all funds provided, with full record-keeping, monthly reconciliation, and appropriate allocation of G&A costs.
- Appropriate control and accountability of project funds.
- A human resources information system that includes policies on leave, time and attendance, pay rates, benefits, discrimination and conflicts of interest.
- Accrual-based accounting and cash-flow management.
- Written travel policies.
- Equipment inventory to identify purchase date, cost, location, vendor and disposition.